Friday 14 February 2014

Beauty Treats: Dior, MAC and Essie

Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky: 'Smoky Pink 051' // Essie: 'Lilacism' & 'Fiji' // MAC Cremesheen: 'Creme Cup'

Oh, what's this? Have I been treating myself again?... how unusual. I feel a tad fancy writing a post in which a Dior eyeshadow trio is included - not gonna lie. It is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L, look at it! There are two matte shades (light pink and the darker grey) and one super sparkly, glittery shade, the shade that made me splurge in this wee beaut. Honestly, it is one of the most sparkly shadows I have ever seen, but in a very delicate way. It's not like thick, big chunks of glitter, but really fine specks of glittering amazingness (greeat description alert). The most pigmented is the matte grey, apart from that the trio is really soft and super wearable, and super creamy in texture, honestly I die. The Essie polishes were a surprise find as in my area they stopped selling them for a while which I was really sad about as they are my favourite polish brand. So when I spotted them and they were buy one get one half off I was like it's a sign! I was super pleased because I had been wanting 'Fiji' for ages but could never find it and I picked out 'Lilacism' as I had been wanting a nice pastel purple for summer (that there hasn't been much of, boo). They are both super flattering soft colours and I find the staying power of Essie is the best, for me better than O.P.I. . And last but not least the cult MAC Cremesheen in 'Creme Cup' - it just had to be done. I have been slowly collecting MAC lipsticks and although everyone says it, they really are some of the best and it always feels like a little treat to pick one out and then try to resist for a couple weeks and then go and have a 'splurge' on it because if you still want it after those couple weeks you clearly have to have it (anyone else do this? haha) Anyway, for my skin tone it is the perfect pink nude lip - I loves it a lot.

Anyone else bought anything recently that they are totally in love with?

Lu x

1 comment:

  1. I love them Essie nail varnishes :)
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete