Sunday 2 February 2014

MIU MIU Leather Loafers

Miu Miu Leather Loafers: mytheresa.com

Oh my I can barely believe that I am actually writing this blog post, someone pinch me! I have been dreaming of these shoes for literally months and I have never been this obsessed with a pair of shoes. Now, being a fellow Sex and the City fan I always knew that one day I would have that Carrie Bradshaw moment and save my pennies and buy my self a pair of fabulous designer shoes, but I always thought it would be when I was 'all grown up' with a 'proper' job - you know what I mean. However, I found that perfect pair of shoes a whole lot sooner than I expected, it was literally that moment when you know you have to have something because your life will significantly improve as a result (some may say materialistic, I say fashion enthusiast...). So I decided that as I was working a lot over the summer holidays and the Christmas period that I would save my pennies and have a rather lavish splurge. The Miu's arrived a couple of weeks ago, and as I was going away for the week literally the day after they came I didn't get a chance to take these photos and write this until now, hence the suede heel inserts and the obvious appearance of them being worn, but holiday or not I was way too excited to wear them so I think this post was always going to come after I gave them a full test run.
So, far they have lived up to all my expectations. They are simple and classic, but still have an edge to them with the super pointy toe and the slight difference in the texture of the leather on the tip compared to the rest of the shoe. I also really love how versatile they are, they transition from jeans and a t-shirt to a dress and leather jacket effortlessly and add that little bit of edge and pop of 'chic' because of their sleek design.
The sizing was my biggest fear when it came to making the long awaited purchase, as I have rather small, narrow and skinny feet, and in the past I have always found that most flats tend to slip off my feet. I ordered a 36.5EUR, as in sneakers and such shoes I tend to wear a 37EUR, but heels and more 'flat style' shoes a 36-36.5EUR fits better as they sit nice and snug on my midget feet. I did end up having to put in the suede heel inserts (not the most attractive but necessary...) just for that extra bit of grip on the heel so that my foot is really secure in them.
These really did live upto all my expectations and more, as they are even more gorgeous in real life than I had expected (which I'm surprised is even possible), and I even think they look a little sexy (naughty...) being so sleek and beautifully shaped. I don't at all regret saving the money I worked hard for in the last few months and splurging it on them, because I really can see the difference between the Miu's and the other shoes I have looked at in stores, they have that little bit more extravagance and attention to detail, even though they are one of the most simple pair of shoes I own. I think that is what makes them, and some other designer shoes, so special, they are not over designed or pretentious, they are just a really lovely simple pair of shoes made with great care and attention, that look freaking beautiful! 
All I can say is they make me want to die...

Lu x

No comments:

Post a Comment