Friday 11 October 2013

MAC 'Candy Yum Yum'

WHOA PINK!!! I bought this lipstick on a bit of a whim as I'm very much a light pink lip kinda guurl, but I often see other girls wearing bright shades, and sometimes I want to be 'that girl'. So what did I do? I bought one of the brightest MAC lipsticks there is...ya know, just easing myself into it.
'Candy Yum Yum' is a matte formulation, which I think makes it that little more dramatic. The wearing power is also amazing, like hours and hours without having to top up, being a matte helps with staying power also. I do find that it is a little bit drying on the lips, while wearing it as well as after wards, but to be honest I really don't care as the colour is the most amazing cool-tone Barbie pink, literally the word Barbie sums up this lipstick for me in one word.
What I love the most about it is how wearable it is. Yes it's super bright, and the matte formulation enhances this, but you can totally get away with this during the day, paired with a casual tee and some jeans (YES really), it adds a bit of edge to your look. Of course it is also perfect for a bold-lip night look with a simple cat eye and a pair of cute heels. Honestly, I have never come across such a versatile and wearable bright lipstick, and I know we are going to be very close companions this summer.

Anyone else having a small affair with 'Candy Yum Yum', or have any other bright lip suggestions? :)

Lu x

2 comments:

  1. I do love candy yumyum! So bright it's amazing! Give 'morange' a try, it's a beaut vibrant orange!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh that sounds nice! Thanks for the suggestion, I will definitely go and have a nosey at it :) x

    ReplyDelete